2017 In Review

Adelia (3 months):
Adelia Rhys Pollei joined our family on September 4, 2017 (Labor Day).  She is such a sweet and happy girl and enjoys all the love and attention her family gives her







Coleman (6):
     I like road trips because we get to end up in a new place. This year some of my favorite road trips were to Florida and to North Carolina and to Pennsylvania and DC. In Florida we got to see my cousins because we got to go to the beach a little bit. In NC I really liked Sliding Rock because it was a giant rock slide; I went two times, but it was too cold to go more times than that. In Pennsylvania I got to visit my Uncle Bill and Uncle Mel and Aunt Kathy which was nice cause we don’t see them very often and because there was lots of room to run around outside.
So far in kindergarten I’m learning how to read…I’m pretty good so far. It only took me about 10 minutes to ride my bike after dad took off my training wheels. I like to climb trees at Halle’s school. And I had fun at the Nashville Christmas parade and going to the US Men’s soccer game.  
Oh yeah, and my baby sister was born and I love her a lot.





Kimball (7):
My favorite things this year by far were a few things like going to the zoo or a pool.  All tell you about my fun year if you want to ok?  Great all tell you about it. Some of them are like when I went to the mountains in North Carolina and went to Sliding Rock. I went to pools at friends’ houses. I went to a Sounds baseball game too.  The score was 3 to 4. 

I liked when I went shopping for Christmas presents for my brother and sisters.  It was super fun!  We went to the library and we watched a magic show.  Some of the tricks I knew how to do.  But they are hard to do.  So far I have 154 Accelerated Reader points at school.  And I’m already getting a lot more points next Monday.  People at school ask me how I get that many points and I say, “I don’t know.  I just read.”  Some of my favorite authors are Erin Hunter, Marc Brown, J.K. Rowling.  I’ve read 4 ½ Harry Potter Books.






Meagan (10):
     This year has been a lot of fun here are a few highlights. Of course a big one was my 10th birthday! I know double digits the big one-o.

The next really important highlight was when we went up to North Carolina and spent a few days with the Simpsons in a cabin. While we were there we went to Sliding Rock which I guess could be considered a national park. It would have been an even better experience if I hadn't scraped myself up sliding down the rock. HaHaHa!

Over the summer our grandparents came over and watched us while our parents went to Europe (without us). Anyway I was a little bit  mad I didn't get to go but my parents brought me home some chocolate so that made it a little better. Later in the summer we went up north  to Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Virginia to visit some relatives we hadn’t seen in a long time. We had lots of fun but I still don’t see why they make such large slices of pizza. We also got to see our long-time family friends, the Bednars at a water park in Kentucky.


A few months later we went to a BYU game surprisingly (can you tell I’m being sarcastic) they lost.
In October we had Halloween I dressed up as little Red Riding hood. I even made my own cape. Later we had Thanksgiving with some friends. My favorite food was the mashed potatoes. This year has been a great learning experience for me and my family and I hope you got something out of this other than boredom.

Happy 2017 from Meagan.   
                             
Halle (13):Hello Friends and Family!

This year has been very exciting, with many twists and turns. At the beginning of the year, the kids found out mom was expecting another baby. What a surprise! Had no idea that was coming. During the summer, we visited many family members in the northern part of the U.S. I went to girls’ camp for the first time, which was so fun! Grandma and Grandpa also visited Nashville, which was great, and we went swimming quite frequently. I turned 13 years old this year! Wow! I’m finally a teenager! This means that I can date in just 3 years! (I think my dad is really dreading that:)! Baby Adelia came in September, and has been an adorable addition to the Pollei Family! In October, the family went to a BYU game, in which, again, they lost. Oh Well. It was still fun. For Halloween, I was Snow White, who I actually (scarily) look like. HaHa! This school semester I was able to participate in a school play (Madagascar). It was so fun, especially being a penguin! Thanksgiving was also super fun, with all the food, and all the friends who came over. This year has been amazing, with all trips, and new experiences. To another great year! Happy 2017!

-Halle Pollei

Brevard, North Carolina
This was with the Simpsons on our annual Memorial Day trip.

Me and my dad went to The Franklin Theater over the summer and saw the play, Les Miserables. It was so good!










First day of 8th grade!
I was Snow White for Halloween.







 So, this fall, I participated in a play, Madagascar. It so happened that my last piano recital was the same night as one of my performances. Me and my friend Halli played a piano duet together at the recital, then raced to our school to perform. That was a very eventful night!









I participated in a Black and Gold advanced choir at my middle school, and we performed at my choir director's church one Sunday evening. This is me and my friend Halli at the church.
 


 Madelin (15):
     2017 has been a awesome year, and here are some of the highlights...
     
  • Getting to revisit UNC campus in Chapel Hill North Carolina and Charlotte North Carolina to see where I lived and went to school when I was younger.
  • Traveling to North Carolina for New Year's to see long-time friends, and discovering the southern girl in me by realizing how much I love to drive go carts at unsafe speeds, and start huge 30-foot bonfires.
  • Visiting our family in Jacksonville, Florida over spring break and trying (and failing) to get a tan in the fifty-degree weather.
  • Visiting the Northeast over the summer and getting to see family there.
  • Attending our stake trek for a weekend.  Though it was hot and included a lot more blisters, mud, and sleepless nights than I would have preferred, it was an incredible experience.
  • Living on the Cumberland Plateau for a week with my church's girl's camp and experiencing the great outdoors from the shelter of an air-conditioned cabin.

  • Attending EFY for the first time in Bowling green, Kentucky.  I got to room with my childhood best friend, and between dances, awesome counselors and family members, forgetting to go to dinner, and a small episode of food poisoning, it was an unforgettable experience.
  • Getting to meet my new baby sister, Adelia Rhys.
  • Seeing the US men's soccer team play a gold cup game.
  • Viewing my first total solar eclipse.
  • Running my first Spartan Race.  At times, it felt like torture, but I truly enjoyed it and am looking forward to doing more of them.
  • Being elected to student council as the Sophomore class Vice President.

  • Participating in the Nashville Christmas Parade as a part of the mass choir.
  • Getting my driver's permit and driving the family's 12-passenger van
  • Coordinating a mass ugly sweater day with both school and seminary friends.
Heather:
Here are the things I remember most about 2017....

-Finding out that after 5 years we'd be adding another member to our family

-Taking the kids on a Spring Break road trip to Florida to visit my niece Michelle and her family while Jason worked at the office and at home (remodeling our kitchen)



-Spending a few days in a cabin with the Simpsons in Brevard, NC over Memorial Day weekend


-Taking a trip to Denmark, Norway, and Sweden with Jason while Jason's parents watched all the kids




-Taking the kids on another road trip to visit Jason's sister Jessie and her family in D.C. and my extended family in New Jersey and Pennsylvania







-Finding out I had gestational diabetes and learning how to manage it

-Miraculously escaping our 12 passenger van in time to watch it roll down our steep driveway into the road and then down our road into a telephone pole



-Watching the total solar eclipse

-Giving birth to Adelia Rhys Pollei on September 4th



-Jason's parents visiting for Adelia's blessing and Fall Break


-Going to the BYU vs. Mississippi State football game and hearing all the cow bells



-Not sleeping much, having a messy house, many friends helping me with meals and cleaning and laundry, and enjoying time with the baby and the rest of the family



Comments

Popular Posts