The plot thickens...

So, we thought we were going to be surprised about baby #4. Turns out the little critter apparently didn't want to wait to make headlines.

This past Saturday Heather started having contractions every few minutes for a couple hours straight. So her OB wanted her to be seen to make sure things were fine (and of course it was on a Saturday which meant a visit to the hospital, not the office). Turns out everythings in fine even though the contractions were the real variety - not the Braxton-Hicks type - something about when you've had multiple prevous pregnancies that can happen... anyways, Heather was told to go home, take it easy, come back in three more months when it's show time. "So where exactly is this story going?" you may ask. Well, part of the 'make sure things were fine' included another ultrasound. And clear as the sun on a sunshiny (is that a word?) day, there it was. Little boy parts. Of course the girls were ecstatic when they found out -- even after the "no princess dresses, no toenail polish, no Barbie dolls for your little brother" lecture. Heather was almost in shock. Literally. Like "I have no idea how to raise a boy" shock. And me, well, my days as an emasculated man who lives with 4 women and works with 18-20 others are numbered!

Comments

We heard last night and I'm so excited for you guys! I'm glad everything is going well, hopefully the contractions will decide to slow down a bit!
carykate said…
Ahhhhhhh!! Congrats! That is so exciting. Well, now you can prepare. I always love it when they tell a stay at home mom to "take at easy." We're so happy for you.
Jill said…
So exciting!!! Guess you have to do some serious shopping for blue stuff!
DanaLee said…
Woot, woot! I hope Heather gets plenty of rest and all continues for baking the baby boy until good and done. :)
Oh man! So good to know! Now you can buy a few new things!! :) Good luck with the little boy thing! Poor guy is going to have three sisters to force him to put on make up and put his hair up in piggy tails! The change will be fun for everyone though I'm sure! Congrats!
Nikki said…
Congratulations Pollei's! I'm sure raising a boy will be a lot different than your three girls! Our little boy is coming any day now. Can't wait!! Good luck...I hope all goes well with the rest of the pregnancy!
Arbon Family said…
CONGRATS! We are so excited for you guys~
Jenny said…
YAY! A BOY is great and I'm sure he will be a spit fire of Jason and will be running around in soccer cleats in no time! BOYS are bounds of energy and fun- non-stop entertainment and LOTS of action! Soo Soo exciting!
Tarrah said…
Oh my goodness! So glad you didn't go into labor 3 months early, how scary!! Thankgoodness you and the baby are ok. Congrats on being a boy, he'll keep his sisters in line.

Popular Posts